There are two possibilities: through the Granada-Jaén airport and through the Malaga airport:
- Located 17 km. from Granada. It has regular traffic with Madrid and Barcelona. Other possible routes are: Gran Canaria, Tenerife Sur, Paris Charles de Gaulle, Bilbao.
- Connections between Granada airport and the city:
1. By public bus:
- The Granada-Airport bus service company is ALSA. The airport bus is route 245, also the name of the route is placed on the side of the bus.
- Each flight, when arriving, has a bus or two waiting (those that are necessary until completed). The price per trip is 3 Euros. They have several stops in the city of Granada, from the bus station to different points in the center of Granada. To know more details about it, you can check the following link: http://www.granadadirect.com/transporte/autobuses-aeropuerto-granada/
- Depending on the time (day or night), the price ranges between 20.50 and 23.90 Euros.
- Since the Granada airport is quite small, another alternative is to use the Malaga airport which offers a wider range in terms of flight schedules.
- Connections between Málaga Airport and the city of Granada:
1. Direct bus connection between Malaga Airport and Granada.
- Bus schedules from Malaga-Granada Airport: 8:30; 10:45; 11:00; 11:30; 13:30; 16:00; 17:00; 18:30; 19:30; 20:45.
- Bus schedules Granada-Málaga Airport: 7.00; 8:00; 9:00; 10:15; 13:15; 14:00; 15:00; 16:00; 18:00; 18:30
- The duration of the journey is of approximately two and a half hours. The one-way ticket price on any of the routes ranges between 11 and 14 Euros (normal bus) and 13.70 Euros (Supra bus).
- For more information use the following link: http://www.alsa.es
2. Bus from the airport of Malaga to the bus station of Malaga and there take a bus to Granada (it is a faster solution if you arrive on flights that do not coincide with the schedules of the direct connection buses Malaga-Granada Airport)
- Málaga Airport Bus-Malaga to Bus Station. They leave every 30 minutes and the trip lasts 30 minutes. It is necessary to buy the ticket before boarding the bus, and it costs 3.00 Euros.
- Buses from the bus station of Malaga to Granada: The duration of the trip is approximately two hours, and the price ranges between 11.50 and 14 euros (although you can find tickets from 7 euros). More information can be find in the following link: http://www.alsa.es
- The train station is in a very central area of Granada, on the Avenida de Andaluces that leaves Avenida de la Constitución. The telephone number for the local train station in Granada is (+34) 958 27 12 72.
- Here are some times, as a reference, for trains to Granada:
- From Madrid: 5 and a half hours
- From Seville: 4 hours
- Tickets can be purchased online from the national railway company RENFE: http://www.renfe.com/
- Possibly the most used medium within Andalusia (and even in relation to other Communities: Madrid, Murcia, Alicante, etc.).
- At the bus station in Granada there are two bus lines, a tram line and taxis that connect with the city.
- Tickets can be purchased online through the main company (ALSA): http://www.alsa.es
- Some examples of journeys:
- From Madrid-Granada. Buses leave every hour and if there are many travelers (for example, before or after a party) there will be more buses depending on the demand.
- From Seville-Granada. Between 08:15 h. and 23:00 h. There are 10 buses.